1

Journalism crush

Posted by JSYL on Thursday, June 25, 2009 in
You probably know by now that I love a good dysfunctional relationship metaphor. Today I read one in a blog that likens journalists' passion for their profession to an "inappropriate relationship".

I disagree with its inference that, like most relationships of that nature, it's inevitable that all journalists will move on and find jobs in fields that take a lesser toll on our emotions and financial situations.

It's probably because I'm a hopeless romantic, or because I'm still in the 'honeymoon phase' that I'm pretty sure this one will work out, even if the others don't; that provided our love can survive the worst economic crisis in living memory, journalism is a keeper.

After all (cheesy as this may sound) a relationship is only worth having if you'd be prepared to go to hell and back to make it work out.

Props to Seattle-based journalist Linda Thomas for tweeting this to my attention. :)

|

1 Comments


I love your attitude. You will definitely reach personal success with your obvious determination.

My life is all the more valuable to me because I've experienced hell and lived through it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails